Diane Wholey joined Peabody Properties in 1988 and currently serves as Vice President of Human Resources; leading the department that fulfills the personnel requirements for a workforce of 500+ employees. This position requires advanced knowledge and expertise in all applicable laws and standard practices relating to general labor, employment, compensation and benefits administration. She provides overall strategic human resource leadership to the company and is a trusted advisor leading the implementation of HR strategies, initiatives, policies and programs. She is the key driver in the planning process, ensuring alignment between the organization’s talent and business objectives. She strives to foster a workplace environment consistent with the values and mission of the company and, is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, challenging and rewarding work environment.
In addition, she participates in staff development, retention, training and mentoring programs. She understands the value of PPI’s extraordinary employees; and is committed to building an atmosphere of teamwork and trust through effective communication, respect, fair treatment and confidentiality for all. She is a trusted advisor to all as needed, encouraging communication and input at all levels.
Participation and involvement in and outside the office includes:
- Staff development, retention, training and mentoring programs
- Policy and procedure development
- Oversee design and development of compensation strategy
- Coordinate company equal opportunity programs to achieve diversity goals
- Succession planning and retention
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to benefits programs
- Wage and salary administration
- Involved with many industry organizations and professional networks, including but not limited to, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Business and Legal Resources network (BLR®) and the Bloomberg Bureau of National Affairs – HR and Payroll (Bloomberg BNA).
Prior to her tenure at PPI, she was a successful small business entrepreneur. Earlier in her career she held a position with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts.