Doreen Bushashia has nearly 30 years of experience in the affordable housing management field starting her career with Peabody Properties, Inc. (PPI) as a Property Manager in 1998 and quickly recognizing the need and added value of resident services in successful property management—she moved into the original role of Regional Resident Services Coordinator in 1990 and was later promoted to Director of Resident Services. In this capacity, Ms. Bushashia created and developed the Resident Services Program at PPI including the inception of its affiliate Peabody Resident Services, Inc. (PRSI) of which she currently serves as its President. In this position she is responsible for overseeing a staff of over 65 resident services professionals for implementation of the PRSI Home Care Program and the PPI Resident Services Program serving 80 affordable housing communities throughout the portfolio.
- Developed the PPI Resident Services in Housing Model via the Team Approach with Management with a goal to promote successful tenancies, and created career path opportunities for Resident Service Coordinators via Resident Services Manager and other specialized and supervisory positions promoting the business of Resident Services within the industry.
- Created the PPI “We Put the HOME in Housing!” vision statement, and PPI Respect Is Key, Incident Report, Reasonable Accommodation, and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Policies and Procedures and serves as the PPI Fair Housing/504 Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator and LEP Coordinator and provides training and guidance in this area for company staff.
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and administration; to-date PPI managed communities have been awarded over $4.6 million in grant funding for resident services staff and enrichment programs that directly benefit residents. Programs include: computer learning centers, supportive living for frail elders and persons with disabilities, law enforcement partnerships, youth activities, parenting support, case management and homeless prevention services, and more.
- In 1995 founded Peabody Resident Services, Inc. (PRSI) with a sole mission to promote resident services in affordable housing—and was approved by Medicaid (MassHealth) as a Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) Program provider. Today, the PRSI Home Care (GAFC) Program is one of the largest in Massachusetts serving over 1600 clients that reside in 500+ housing communities statewide managed by PPI, housing authorities, and other management companies. The program provides daily personal care and homemaking along with case management and registered nurse well visits to eligible residents’ ages 22+ insured by MassHealth Standard. PRSI also contracts with Senior Care Options, One Care, and PACE managed care plans providing home care and residential support services to their members.
- PRSI serves as a contracted Resident Services provider for Caritas Communities, Inc. since 2000 with Resident Services staff assigned to their SRO portfolio.
- Served as the original President for the non-profit Affordable Housing & Services Collaborative, Inc. established in 2001 with a mission to develop and preserve affordable housing and support programs that benefit residents of affordable housing and currently serves on its Board of Directors.
- Received a B.A. in psychology from Westfield State College and has earned the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) and the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) Certified Fair Housing Coordinator (FHC) designations, and is a Certified Resident Service Coordinator.