Doreen Bushashia has over 26 years of experience in the affordable housing management field and created and developed the Resident Services Program at Peabody Properties, Inc. (PPI) including the inception of its affiliate Peabody Resident Services, Inc. (PRSI) of which she currently serves as its President. In this position she is responsible for overseeing a staff of over 65 resident services professionals for implementation of the PRSI Home Care Program and the PPI Resident Services Program serving a site portfolio of 60+ affordable housing communities. Ms. Bushashia also provides oversight to PPI’s assisted living facility since its development in 2004 and PPI’s Supportive Housing Models serving frail elders, homeless families, and veterans. In addition to her leading and directing the Resident Services Department Staff, other areas of expertise include:
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing and administration and, to-date, over $4.3 million in grant funding has been awarded for resident services staff and enrichment programs that directly benefit residents of Peabody Properties managed housing communities. Programs include: computer learning centers, supportive living for frail elders and persons with disabilities, law enforcement partnerships, youth activities, parenting support, case management and homeless prevention services, and more.
- Developed the PPI Reasonable Accommodation and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) Policies and Procedures and serves as the PPI Fair Housing/504 Reasonable Accommodation Coordinator and LEP Coordinator and regularly provides training and guidance in this area for company staff.
- Provided numerous and ongoing industry professional association presentations and panel participation on the Role of Resident Services in Housing over the last two decades.
- Through her efforts, Peabody Resident Services, Inc. was founded in 1995 to solely promote resident services in affordable housing—and was approved by Medicaid (MassHealth) as a Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC) program provider. Today, the PRSI Home Care (GAFC) program is one of the largest in Massachusetts serving over 1750 clients that reside in 500+ housing communities statewide managed by Peabody Properties, housing authorities, and other management companies. The program provides daily personal care and homemaking along with case management and registered nurse well visits to eligible residents ages 22+ insured by MassHealth Standard and some Senior Care Option and One Care plans.
- Received her B.A. in psychology and has earned the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) and the National Affordable Housing Management Association (NAHMA) Certified Fair Housing Coordinator (FHC) designations and is a Certified Resident Service Coordinator.
- Served as the original President for the non-profit Affordable Housing & Services Collaborative, Inc. with a mission to develop and preserve affordable housing and support programs that benefit residents of affordable housing and currently serves on its Board of Directors. Also serves on the MassHousing Community Services (TAP) Advisory Board, and is a member of Massachusetts Resident Service Coordinators in Housing (MARSCH) and Massachusetts Association of Assisted Living Facilities (MassALFA).