Justin Paquette joined PPI in July of 2001 as a Property Accountant, responsible for providing accounting and reporting services to an assigned portfolio of client properties. From the outset, he demonstrated extraordinary commitment, initiative and work ethic. His knowledge, attention to detail and ability to work effectively with others to accomplish complex assignments earned him a promotion to Accounting Manager in 2006. In 2012, he established a reputation for integrity and achievement consistent with PPI’s standards of excellence in service, and, together with his leadership skills, professional expertise and sophistication, predicated his elevation to his current position of Controller.
- Reports to the company principals and works in close collaboration with the officers of the company, specifically the CFO.
- Oversees PPI’s accounting services to ensure that they fulfill all financial management and reporting obligations in accordance with GAAP, or as applicable, and with established company standards of business practice, respective regulatory requirements and applicable law.
- Ensures that internal controls are implemented and enforced in order to sufficiently mitigate risk and, maintains a full understanding of the fiscal position of all client properties in the management portfolio.
- Received Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Business Administration and Small Business Management and Entrepreneurship from Lyndon State College in Lyndonville, VT in 1994.
- Active member of the Rental Housing Association (RHA) and the Real Estate Finance Association (REFA).