Laurie McGrath began her career with Peabody Properties in 1995, in the position of Property Manager for a large affordable housing community in the Greater Boston area. Over the years she has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to service and, as her skills and accomplishments strengthened, her role with the company expanded to Regional Manager, Operations Director, Vice-President of Affordable Housing and, now, in her current role as Regional Operations Director. Her demonstrated areas of expertise include:
- Maintaining a high standard of client service, consistent with the company’s reputation for excellence in business practice.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the assigned Senior Managers, and, together with the Principals of PPI, establishes a strategic plan for the positioning of each portfolio to allow for new business growth.
- Over 20 years’ experience in the management of residential properties for client investors, she specializes in working with non-profit organizations, primarily serving affordable housing communities under one or more of the following programs: Section 8, LIHTC, HOME, 202, 236, 13A, HSF, Capital Preservation funds & MRVP programs.
- Daily oversight of the operations of multiple properties; responsible for the financial and business strategies attributable to growth and smooth management of the Peabody portfolio.
- Development of annual budgets/financial forecasts.
- Strong customer service principals and experience of effectively managing multiple properties.
- Drives performance with a passion for leading, managing and developing teams.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with community organizations.
- Works with her colleagues to share best practices across the company.
- Supports and builds PPI’s mission driven culture.
- Designations through the National Affordable Housing Management Association include: National Affordable Housing Professional – Executive Level (NAHP-e); Specialist in Housing Credit Management (SHCM) and Fair Housing Certification (FHC).
- Additionally, she holds Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) through NCHM and her C3P awarded by Spectrum.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from Framingham State College