Mark Dubos has been employed with The Peabody Companies for over 35 years and currently serves as Director of Facilities – Energy Management and Sustainability; providing support with a wide-range of responsibilities. Highly trained and knowledgeable with the maintenance and operation of all HVAC systems; Mark directs the mechanical controls and equipment for Peabody’s building management systems; overseeing proper operation, maintenance, reliability, safety and regulatory compliance. He specializes in energy management, environmental compliance, sustainable initiatives and training for the company and, is part of the emergency response team handling critical situations as they arise – major water leaks, fire and flood.
Mark enhances the performance of the company’s sustainable efforts and develops both short and long-term strategies; identifying opportunities for energy savings and reducing consumption at all Peabody managed communities. He is primarily responsible for the development and management of additional broad-based, company-wide strategic energy and sustainability programs. Since joining the Better Buildings Challenge, with a commitment of 20% portfolio-wide energy reduction over 10 years, Mark has helped realize to date, no-cost energy upgrades for our management portfolio which now exceeds $16.5M.
- Instrumental in re-write of the company Maintenance Manual
- Head of maintenance for the take-over of Mission Main, Villa Victoria and Blue Elm United Estates
- United States Seabees for 7 years specializing in Plumbing and HVAC
- Attended New England Fuel Institute for Light and Heavy Oil
- Attended Peterson School for HVAC
Industry Affiliations and Designations:
- Licensed Pipe Fitter in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Moderate Risk De-leading/Lead Safe Renovator (RR+P)
- Asbestos Operations and Maintenance Certification
- CMM (Certified Manager of Maintenance) Designation
- Credential in Green Property Management (CGPM)